Role Overview and Responsibility:
The Legal Coordinator will support the Depositors Union (DU) legal Team to promote DU’s work, organize and follow up on the work of the Legal Committee of the DU.
The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
1. Build and organize a database of all legal cases submitted by the Legal Committee of the DU
2. Coordinate the Legal Committee’s meetings and documentation.
2. Manage the hotline for legal assistance and inquiries and legal referrals to Lawyers
3. Build a data-base of all legal requests/ inquiries reaching the hotline on a daily basis
4. Build a Question & Answer sheet for Hotline
5. Submit cases prepared by volunteer lawyers of the Legal Committee of the DU and follow them up before the judiciary (i.e. attending hearings, follow up at court)
7. Provide monthly reports of all cases carried on by the DU
8. Generally, accomplish legal tasks and research necessary for the work of the DU Legal Committee.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor in Law
• Junior Lawyer admitted to the Bar with minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience
• Excellent written and oral skills in English and Arabic required;
• Ability to work on own initiative and part of the wider team;
• Good communication skills